Coke Drums produce high calorie coke (Petrocoke). However, Coke Drum has an average life of 8 years. Coke Drums heat up between 100 and 400 degrees during production and this causes excessive stress on the outside temperature and the carrier skirt sheet. This tension disrupts the structure of the skirt sheet material and fractures the welds on it. The perforated slots on the carrier skirt plate minimize the stresses on the skirt plate. As a result of this process, the service life of the Coke Drum Units increases up to 16 years. We successfully completed this process in Coke Drums in Tüpraş İzmit Refinery in April 2019.
The technology used was patented worldwide with the patent number TR 2019/08508. Tüpraş and CNC Center are patent partners. All international projects of Tüpraş It will be planned and coordinated by Cnc Center.
1. The opening of the perforated slots is done with the system developed by our company with completely machining principles and absolutely no welding and flame cutting is used.
2. Approval of the project was given by Kok Dram Insurance company Wood PLC.
3. It does not harm the molecular structure of the skirt sheet.
4. In our project, it was determined that there was no capillary cracking by penetrating test.
5. There are stone wool insulation material on the front and back of the skirt plate. The disassembly and assembly of the insulation material on the back side takes a long time. With the system we developed, only the insulation material on the front side is removed and all operations are performed without removing the rear insulation. No personnel work behind the skirt plate and the process is completed in a very short time.
6. Deburring, chamfering and radius making on the front and back sides are made according to the technical drawing.
7. Hole diameter, inter-hole axis, slot width and angle between surrounding slots are within tolerances given in the drawing